10 Days of 10 Years: 2009

The ten-year trek marches on, bringing you the silliest poses of...

- 2009 -

This was the year that we drove down the coast to Virginia Beach - one of our favorite East Coast destinations - to visit our childhood pals J&J... &J. At the time, J&J had one little J in their household. They have since added two additional J's to their family tree over the past few years, and there's a fourth little J on the way. You should check out all the details on J9's blog. So far, we've mainly watched from a safe distance, but any chance we get to spend time in their corner of paradise, we take it.


Also, this was the year that J&M got married in what was the most extravagant wedding I'll probably ever attend. N was in the wedding party and was very well-behaved, until he started getting fresh with one of the guests...


I made him stay for a serious photo.

I promise you I am never this dark anymore. What happened?!

By the way, 2009 was also the year that I got my first DSLR, a Canon Rebel t1i. I was immediately in love and the Shutterbug Syndrome began. A consequence of this is that as I was going through the exercise of digging up old photos from 2009, I found very few of the two of us. I guess I've been too busy staying behind the lens rather than in front of it. That's okay; I tend to enjoy photos of all my subjects more than the ones taken of me.

But for the purposes of this series, I'll keep looking.

However, if I start posting a ton of photos just of a particularly good-looking 6-footer, you'll understand why.


2 comments:

  1. Haha, yay our initials have finally made it to the blog! :) That was a fun visit, miss that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love another chance to be at the beach with you and yours!

      Delete