staying in touch

Probably the biggest down-side to us living on a Caribbean island is that there is no easy way to see family on a regular basis. Although we haven't lived in our home town since getting married nearly nine (!) years ago, for the first seven years of marriage, we were within a 4-hour drive of our parents, siblings, and childhood friends. Now we depend on a steady stream of house guests to get our fix of the faces we love. But in lieu of that, we also rely on technology to keep in touch.

This past week, three of the girls that I call "sister" video chatted using the Google+ Hangout feature. It was my first time using the product, and I have to admit that I was quite pleased. All four of us could jabber away and watch each other crack up at the same time with almost no interruption. Of course, I just had to take a photo of the hilarity...


So while nothing replaces getting to hug these necks in person, I'll continue to enjoy some web-cam action in between family visits. Love you girls! Let's do this on the reg!

4 comments:

  1. Why did you not tell me to pose? Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candid is best! Love those pearly whites! :) You pretty thing you.

      Delete
  2. so much fun!! i'm going to have to try google+ hangouts. and ally your candid smile is perfect!! ;)

    ReplyDelete