Happy Thanksgiving!

I may not have off work today, but I'm still planning to celebrate with two feasts - one hosted by church pals tonight, and one hosted at our place on Sunday with the non-Americans. For the most part, I'm looking to uphold family traditions. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, pumpkins.. nothing will be left out. This helps my crazy new Caribbean life feel "normal". However, one tradition (somewhat more Christmasy in nature) that I had all but rejected was listening to Vince Guaraldi's A Charlie Brown Christmas track during this holiday season. It's far too nostalgic for me, and I don't want to be sitting around sopping up tears during the most wonderful time of the year. However, when chatting with my (baby) sister online today, she reminded me of something:

[ERP]: ...im listening to vince [guaraldi] on pandora
            it feels like holidays!
                              :)
 me: awwwwwwwwwww
         i can't listen to that album or i'll cry!
         guaranteed
 [ERP]: awww!
            [JSS]. you must. traditions are traditions...even if you are a barquillion miles away!
 me: hahahaha barquillion


So, here's to maintaining some semblance of tradition while in Grand Cayman. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



0 comments:

Post a Comment